October 17, 2018
Action words: tackle, accept, grow, learn, love, forgive, face, let go, relax, dream, dance
Value words: honesty, integrity, growth, love, dreams, family, curiosity, intrepidness, truth, faith, abundance, forgiveness, self-love, respect, kindness, patience, reliability
Goal words: strong, powerful, big, self-love, fun, joy, travel, commitment, home, health, speed, faith, self-trust, confidence, language
- One thing at a time
- 열심히 살자
- Two tears in a bucket, motherfuck it
- Feelings are only temporary
- I am the agent of my life
- Is it something I want to do/B/or have, does it take me in the direction I want to go, and does it not fuck anybody over?
October 13, 2018
- Do a pull-up (or chin-up)
- Run a 7-minute mile
- Do a handstand
- Do a full lotus
- Place my palms on the floor when I bend over to touch my toes
October 13, 2018
Danica Patrick almost killed me this week with the lower-body workout–a ladder of broad jumps and squats that surprisingly killed my abs.
It’s a quiet Saturday afternoon. Steve is at the coffee shop, and I have the afternoon to myself to meditate, clean the house, read, think about what I want in life.
As far as the pictures on my phone (another of these Pretty Intense questions), I have pictures of:
- friends–photos messaged to me + some I took with friends and me
- Emmaly–times we spend together, looking at big-ass pumpkins, for example
- my cat–she’s cute
- food–e.g., the Pamlico Sound shrimp from Walking Fish this week or salmon roe
- text messages–someone I love said something loving and I want the reminder
- odd things, like Venus Flytraps with fly carcasses
- Steve–in various poses around town
- my house–especially when it is clean and cozy
- travel and nature
October 3, 2018
A few of the most important goals for me to accomplish…
- ProfessionallyStart a business; become my own boss.
- Start a nonprofit that brings people closer together.
- Work in another country (in a non-English-teaching job?).
- EmotionallyGive a child a home.
- Make a commitment to someone I want to spend my life with.
- Become close to my mom; spend meaningful time with my mom.
- SpirituallyAccept and love myself without reservation.
- Believe in God and the abundance of the universe.
- Become a mother.
September 30, 2018
The Natural Vibes Wish List
- List three places within twenty minutes of your home where you can experience the vibes of nature today.
- Dix Park
- Umstead Park
- Chavis Park
- Fred Fletcher Park
- List three amazing places within five hours’ drive where you can take a weekend to relax in nature.
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- The beach! Emerald Isle, Wrightsville…
- Hanging Rock State Park
- List three natural wonders or national parks in the United States that you’ve always wanted to visit.
- the Grand Canyon
- Death Valley
- Yellowstone National Park
- Tetons National Parks
- List three places anywhere in the world that would be your dream escape from civilization.
- Sri Lanka
- an island in Indonesia or Thailand
September 27, 2018
The Personal Space Quiz
I like this Pretty Intense book. The chapters are no more than six pages long, so I can read a chapter at night and get a sense of completion and accomplishment.
Tonight, I went to a safety meeting with our neighborhood police officer, rode my bike home in the pouring rain, did 20 minutes of this African dance cardio (so much fun), and read a chapter of PI. This chapter is about building your own personal space, and it ends with a quiz:
- When I’m not working on something, I feel b) worried that I’m not being productive.
- While reading this chapter, I c) put the book down once or twice and got involved with something else (took some vitamins and drank water).
- When I’m alone, I feel a) happy.
- When I want to work on something, I c) put it off until the right time, which never seems to come.
- If I have to stop midway through, I often c) can’t seem to get back to the task no matter what.
- My mind most often feels b) like I’m struggling to find balance.
- If I’m home alone for the night, I will definitely b) watch TV or surf the web.
- The last time I turned off my phone was c) there’s an off switch?
- Compared to other people, my life is c) not up to par most of the time.
- Where are my keys? a) Right where they belong
c) stands for chaos; finding a time for yourself and spending more time in quiet meditation could really help.
September 26, 2018
From Pretty Intense:
- I am happiest when I am authentic and in the company of people I love.
- My favorite physical feature about myself is my lips? my hands?
- My favorite thing to do when I have free time is read. Travel. Cook something new.
- If I were to go on vacation anywhere I wanted, it would be to Africa. Ethiopia or Tanzania?
- If someone were to describe me with one word, it would be insecure.
- If I close my eyes and think of my favorite person, it would be Funke. Steve.
- Given one hour of free time, I would play the piano.
- If someone gave me a million dollars, I would travel around the world. Save at least half. Endow a scholarship for a foster child agency. Throw a party.
- The most important thing to me is to be authentic and loving before I die.
- If I could do any job, it would be teaching.